Mechanical Engineering Technician, Test Engineer
firstname.lastname@example.org | 434.297.8025
Patrick Foltz has been working at the University of Virginia Center for Applied Biomechanics for nearly 3 years as a Mechanical Engineering Technician. Prior to his career at the Center for Applied Biomechanics, Mr. Foltz worked as a Graduate Research Assistant at the Center for Applied Biomechanics, during which he completed work on his Master of Engineering from the University of Virginia. Prior to that Mr. Foltz received a Bachelor of Science degree from Bridgewater College, where he was also a four year letterman on the Varsity Football team. Mr. Foltz’s responsibilities at the Center for Applied Biomechanics include; overseeing day to day operations of the VIA sled and DRoTS system, design, maintenance, installation and operation of various other sled test devices, as well as basic machining of test equipment. Mr. Foltz currently has 2 years of experience in Solidworks design program, as well as 3 years’ experience in Geomagic software suite and FARO Scene. Mr. Foltz also has experience with CNC machining and fixture fabrication. Mr. Foltz’s work at the Center for Applied Biomechanics has included; vehicular prep, vehicular rollover testing, rollover buck and roof design and testing, rollover ROV buck testing, rollover test fixture design, seatbelt load testing, Side-impact occupant testing, and general sled operation and maintenance.
- ME, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering- University of Virginia
- BS, Applied Physics- Bridgewater College
- Test Fixture Operation
- Test Fixture Design
- 3-D Scanning and Reverse Engineering
- 3-D Modeling and CAD
- Golfing, Snowboarding, Fishing, Softball
- Occupant Kinematics in Laboratory Rollover Tests: PMHS Response. Stapp Car Crash Journal. 2014; 58: 251-316.
- Occupant Kinematics in Laboratory Rollover Tests: ATD Response and Biofidelity. Stapp Car Crash Journal. 2014; 58: 317-360.
- Whole-body Kinematics: Response Comparison of the Hybrid III and Hybrid III Pedestrian ATD in DRoTS Rollover Tests. IRCOBI Conference on the Biomechanics of Impact. Gothenburg, Sweden. 2013.
- Test Methodology and Initial Results from a Dynamic Rollover Test System. Paper 2013-01-0468, Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). 2013.
- Vehicle greenhouse shape analysis for design of a parametric test buck for dynamic rollover testing. Paper Number 11-0271. Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on the Enhanced Safety of Vehicles (ESV). 2011.